Friday, September 6, 2019

News Values


Timeliness: Andrew Luck retires: Colts quarterback stuns the NFL with shocking retirement decision at age 29

I think that this article was published because of how shocking and breaking the news of Andrew Luck retiring was. Almost nobody expected Andrew Luck to retire this early in his career, so this article would attract many readers. 


Proximity: PHOTOS: Check out the College GameDay set on the UT campus

I believe that this article was written because of the proximity of an event. I think this because this weekend, College Gameday is taking place in Austin, TX before the LSU-Texas football game. That would  make sense as to why this article would be on KXAN News.


I think that this article was written over the newsworthiness of Antonio Brown. I think that because Antonio Brown is a very famous pro football player, so when news comes out of his accidents, many sports fans will be attracted to the news.


I think that this article was written based on the impact that Hurricane Dorian can have on millions of people. Many people will want to read articles like these, to know the path of Hurricane Dorian and whether they need to prepare for the hurricane. 


I think that this ESPN article is driven by the force of conflict. I think that because Dustin Poirier and Khabib Nurmagomedov are two opposing fighters who are about to fight each other in a long anticipated match. 

Human Interest: Splitting families showing effects ( Found in Austin American-Statesman)

I believe that this article is written based on human interests. I think this because it talks about the struggles of the families that are being separated at the border and the struggle that they are going through.


I think that this article is driven by novelty. I think this because the Puppy Bowl is a very unusual event that many people are attracted to, that takes place before the Super Bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Exam

Rule of Thirds: Balancing Elements: Leading Lines: Symmetry and Patterns: Viewpoint: Background: Dep...